Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dallin's Birthday



Hi my name is Dallin, and  that epic guy holding that baby is my dad. Also believe it or not that baby is me!!!!!!!! Oh wait you don't know why I'm mentioning this well... it's my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had an awesome breakfast of German pancakes made by my mom (recipe at the end).
 
The theme for it is watermelon, watermelon cake, tablecloth, streamers, even the left over rinds as fruit bowls!
 


I even went with all of my friends to the water park and had a blast!!! I got awesome birthday presents that all fit me very well. Now it's the next day and I love the day after my birthday because it's the day I get to try out all my new presents.
 

The same day a little after dinner I went to the SLO hockey league to watch Spencer play hockey. Andrew Tyler and I climbed a tree. It was funny what happened in the process! This is what happened, Andrew helped Tyler and me up, but that meant he couldn't go up. Tyler found a cool way down so he and I tried it out so... when we went down that meant Andrew could get up because Tyler and I were out of the way but...That meant Tyler and I couldn't get up so I went on Tyler's shoulders, got up, and helped Tyler up!
    The next day one of my presents came in handy! It was a card to pay for a movie at the movie theater. I watched Turbo, and well that's the end.   
 
 
 
p.s. here's the recipe to German pancakes that I promised:
4 tablespoons butter
4 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in 9x13 pan in oven.
Beat eggs in bowl with wire whisk. Beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into 9x13 pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. While it is baking, make magic sauce.
 
Magic Sauce
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
 
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add sugar and milk and cook until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla and baking soda on medium heat. It will rise and become frothy. Serve over German Pancakes.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dallin, happy birthday! I'm glad it was fun. I like making German pancakes, but I didn't know about the magic sauce. I'll have to try that. Instead, I usually put melted butter and cinnamon-sugar on the bottom of the pan with sliced apples, then pour the pancake batter on top of that. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Dallin! I love that your birthday theme was watermelon! We love pancakes, so I can't wait to try out this new recipe - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dallin- Happy Birthday! What a great way to celebrate turning 9! We love German Pancakes! We eat them w/ syrup and call it Big Pancake.

    ReplyDelete